Software Engineer, Data/Backend
Our vision is to add color to everyone’s digital communications. We do this by giving creators the power to earn more, create more, and make everyone's life more exciting. We support creators by giving them simple tools that monetize the newest creative outlets.
We believe that if artists have the ability to earn passive income, they have more creative freedom. They no longer need to make art for the sake of paying their bills.
We are looking for a Data/Backend Engineer to join our growing team to help define and build our data engineering function. As the first data engineering hire you will work directly with the CEO, COO and VP of Engineering to define our data engineering needs and figure out a plan to execute upon them. We are committed to building a world class data engineering function and we need you to help us get there! We are looking for a candidate who wants to build our data team.
- Work closely with the CEO, COO, and VP of Engineering and be a key resource who will be responsible for building out our data team
- Define data engineering roadmap and execute upon it
- Build data tools that will be used by both businesses and consumers
- Be the expert on data engineering for the company and own all data engineering processes
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines to ensure business stakeholders have access to accurate and timely data
- Monitor execution of data pipelines and address critical issues that may impact ability to hit KPI's
- Have empathy for our users and be part of the creative process to develop new features and products
Ideal Experience / Qualifications:
- 3-6 years of experience as a data engineer, with a focus on designing, implementing, and maintaining data pipelines
- Expertise in SQL, especially around schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical matters to less technical co-workers
- Experience with data visualization technologies such as Tableau or Looker is a plus
- BS degree in engineering, computer science, or a related technical field